It was the most incredible feeling in the world crossing that finish line knowing through blood and sweat (literally coming out of my shoe) that I did it, and with family by my side. Knowing that I finally proved myself wrong, and that if I set my mind to it I can accomplish anything. We worked so hard for this race, training, eating right, and making the perfect costumes. Getting up on Saturdays at 6 to go run the freezing Provo canyon trying to reach yet another mile longer. Together Kim and I laughed, sang, and raced to the finish. I will never forget the memories of this race. I was having so much fun that I didn't even realize my bloody shoe till after the race was over.
I am so thankful for such sweet and encouraging in laws. If it wasn't for them I would probably still be on mile 2. Instead I am "checking another goal of my bucketlist" as Kim would say, and it feels OH so good.
I cannot wait to run again next Halloween, and this time hopefully as a tradition with all the Childs!
Go girl! It really is a great accomplishment. Hopefully, next halloween I will be able to run a half again.
ReplyDeleteYou should totally run it with us next year! I would love that
ReplyDelete