Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hiking Zion's on Labor Day

This weekend Josh and I spent the night on cold cement with blankets and pillows in the long line so that we could get one of the very few permits to hike the famous subways in Zion's national park on Labor day. It was a 10 mile hike up a beautiful river between two huge peeks to get to the tunnels and pools known as the "subways." We hiked for 7 hours all together, running into tons of frogs, snakes, and bugs... it was tough but when we got to the waterfalls and pools it was SOO worth it! If your ever in St. George you gotta go on this hike its absolutely beautiful!

enjoy!



Josh sliding down the waterfall


this is what we ended up at, beautiful pools and waterfalls





the "subway"








this is what a lot of the hike was up to the subway, nice
cool water with lots of pretty fish











this is how the hike started and begun, I was a little scared
because the path was sooo skinny and to the right was a cliff
if you tripped you were gone.


pretty view


believe it or not the trail down to the river was along that
plato... it was so scary!


these cute little baby froggies were everywhere

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I cannot wait to do this with you guys! So glad you posted the pics... what a fun day! Zion is so beautiful, do you remember floating down the river when we were kids? I miss doing this kind of stuff when we were first married, fun to always see what you guys are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha yess i remember that day steph and I were bawwling! we were such lil woosies back then. It truly is sooo beautiful there! we gotta go there with the whole fam in the next couple years.

    ReplyDelete